History of the Chamber
The Yukon Chamber of Mines was founded in 1943 with the establishment of the Yukon branches of the British Columbia and Yukon Chamber of Mines in Dawson City and Whitehorse.
Registered as a Society in 1959 to represent the Yukon mining industry, the Chamber has grown from 12 members almost 70 years ago to over 400 today - a diverse membership that includes exploration, mining, service and supply companies and individuals with a direct or indirect interest in the mining industry.
Mining's illustrious history as the economic foundation of the territory dating back to the 1800s clearly resonates today.
Strong commodity prices and regulatory certainty - paired with environmentally responsible practices - have placed the Yukon's significant deposits of base and precious metals on the global stage.
Since its humble beginnings, the Chamber has worked to lead and advance the interests of all those involved in the Yukon mining industry.
The Yukon Chamber of Mines - a proud voice for the mining industry - past, present and future.